The Purchasing Coordinator works within the Purchasing Department and is responsible for placing orders for employees and managers through company-wide communications. The Purchasing Coordinator works closely with the Purchasing Manager, Buyers, Accounting & Warehouse personnel. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent, associate degree in accounting or business management preferred.
- 2-3 Years previous purchasing experience or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures.
- Basic knowledge of business principles, processes, and office protocol.
- Ability to learn DBS (Dealer Business System)/AS00
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Highly effective and persuasive communication skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active attitude with the eagerness to learn.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive, attentive and detail oriented.
- Review and execute purchases with the required documentation, contracts, and appropriate requirements.
- Be able to prioritize and accept orders being routed from various methods: (Documents, Email, ESP request, Phone Orders, Teams, Web request, Walk in orders, text messages and DBS Inventory levels).
- Issue purchase orders in DBS.
- Check the shipments each day to make sure they are accurate and forward them if needed to the appropriate departments.
- Maintain/Update purchase orders with correct information (ship to, desc, pricing etc.).
- Receive the inventory into the system and process Invoices to AP for payments
- Using the three-way match: Invoices, PO’s and Packing list
- Reconcile credit card statements with all proper coding and applicable taxes added.
- Organize documents submitted by vendors (both new vendors and any updating information).
- Resolve receiving errors in database and with the Shipping Department.
- Cycle Counts as needed to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Provide both Inventoried and non-inventory purchasing support, (including following the established guidelines and procedures).
- Maintain preferred vendor list.
- Maintain the database (DBS) such that all users are informed of item status and reporting tools will be able to be used at maximum, inventory trace, adjustments, ongoing maintenance of DBS part numbers as needed.
- Coordinate Product Changes and ensure that purchased products are utilized properly through effective communication.
- Coordinate returns and credits with the vendors.
- Develop relationships with suppliers, TMCC Managers and Employees to resolve any issues.
- Main Goal: Contribute to Thompson Machinery through the integrity of the Purchasing Department by Supporting all Managers & Employees and in turn our Customers.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with projects as needed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver's license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.