SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Railroad Solutions Maintenance Planner is responsible for overseeing, tracking, scheduling, and coordinating, repairs on the RRS fleet. This position will work to ensure overall fleet reliability, proactively use maintenance practices, add value based cost effective solutions for fleet repairs, and manage for long term machine health. Duties include assisting in the planning of assembling hyrail modified machines and attachments to include securing parts and materials while working with technicians to prepare equipment for rental needs.
- Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to complete Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) prior to any job-related tasks according to WSECO’s policy and standards.
- Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe environment for all WSECO employees.
- Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
- Ensuring safety boots, high vis vests, safety glasses, and all required PPE are secured for internal and external clients entering the yard.
Equipment Coordination and Logistics
- Maintains the RRS fleet for optimal use. Strives for no unscheduled machine downtime. Works closely with the RRS Operations Manager, RRS Coordinator and Technicians to ensure the machines are ready for rental. Assists in the green tag and pre-trip process.
- Setups, monitors, and schedules machine preventative maintenance.
- Works collaboratively with the Service and Parts Departments to get machines repaired and back in the fleet as soon as possible. Helps with the procurement of the necessary materials and parts to up fit hyrail machines and attachments.
- Establishes machine/component life expectations and aligns maintenance and repair practices to achieve them.
- Analyzes failures and implements safe guards to prevent premature failures.
- Tracks fleet hours, coordinates and schedules inspections with Rental Coordinator, Technicians, Service Department and customers.
- Monitors oil samples and trends to schedule maintenance and repairs.
- Utilizes computer systems, such as Vision Link, SIS and Dynamics AX, to assist with maintenance management and parts needs.
- Communicates to Coordinator in a timely manner damage expense’s and time line of repairs.
- Inspect equipment for FRA defects and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Client Support and Equipment Maintenance
- Assist in training of Clients of machine functions and capabilities.
- Processes vendor invoices through appropriate systems
- Communicates schedule of repairs with Clients, operators, Operations Manager and Coordinator.
- Works with the RRS Technicians and Coordinator to manage preventative maintenance, customer damage, and downtime in the field. Communicates maintenance needs with RRS Technicians, and Main Shop. Plans, schedules and tracks all repairs and maintenance with shop and techs.
- Work with technicians to prepare machines for rent and help procure the parts needed to do so.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Strong Mechanical ability and knowledge
- Strong organizational, time management and communications skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter that is innovative and aggressive.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three years minimum maintenance or repair experience.
- Experience in Equipment repair planning and coordinating preferred.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain DOT Med Card required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.