Recruiter/Workforce Development Specialist
This position can be located in Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Aberdeen, Watertown, Huron or Pierre
Butler Machinery Company is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized individual to join our winning team and help us grow our business. If you have a passion for the construction and agriculture industries, enjoy working independently but still in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning and advancing throughout your career, you will be right at home with our team at Butler. In the recruiter role, you will need to develop strong relationships and communicate to diverse groups. With a career at Butler, you’ll have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally with a 66-year old, family-owned company that values developing the leadership abilities within every employee and promoting from within.
Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does.
The continued success of Butler is dependent upon a team that believes in our company’s mission, lives our culture by demonstrating our values every day and is hungry to grow their careers alongside our growing business.
• Develops, plans and executes workforce development strategy for all union positions (Parts and Service).
• Develops, plans and executes workforce development strategy for ThinkBIG partnerships at North Dakota State College of Science and Lake Area Technical College.
• Will actively recruit for these positions.
• Maintains and analyzes reporting on position activity including but not limited to time to fill, applicants applied etc…
• Schedules and executes high school and college visits to include presentations.
• Coordinates the attendance of career fairs at colleges and high schools, attend student group meetings, and increase college and high school awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
• Collaborates with stores for specific recruitment marketing opportunities and/or regional marketing needs.
• Web-based recruitment responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
Provide ideas for the company website recruiting page
Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Manage the use of outsourced recruiters and headhunters.
• Network with Caterpillar dealers.
• Work with military outplacements services to source potential candidates.
• Promote the Butler Machinery Work Experience.
• Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
• Conduct prescreening interviews and testing.
• Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the applicant tracking system.
• Work closely with the vendor of BMC’s applicant tracking software. Make recommendations for workflow improvements.
• Assist in performing reference checks for potential employees when requested.
• Assist in writing and forwarding rejection notices.
• Assist in interviewing and selecting employees.
• Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
• Serves a department backup to Workforce Development Specialist- Training.
• Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Position prefers a bachelor’s degree in human resources, organization development, business, communications, or related field and a minimum of two to four years of HR, training and development, project management, or equivalent in related work experience.
• Must have a clean driving record and be found insurable to drive a company vehicle.
• Creative candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
• Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
• Applied interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Dynamic in character to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
• Disciplined to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
• Willingness and ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.(50%)
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”