TEAM UP WITH US!
The Rental Assistant Service Manager is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the service department. This position is expected to advise and make recommendations to the Rental Service Manager with respect to the best interest of the company.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish and maintain service records (either electronic or manual) for all equipment within the rental fleet.
- Set priorities within the shop for all mechanics, and equipment repair to maximize fleet utilization and employee productivity.
- Order and receive spare parts, maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Allocate parts expense and shop labor to machines through a work order system.
- Review maintenance records to schedule dates for recommended service intervals, (250 hour, 500 hour, etc. PM)
- Train mechanics directly, and routinely schedules manufacturers technical training for individual team member skill enhancement.
- Set up and maintain a supply of “shop tools” for all service personnel use.
- Invoice customers for damages to rental equipment upon approval of Rental Manager.
- Identify other service shops for potential “outsourcing” repair of rental equipment.
- Handle customer service calls for equipment failures, taking appropriate and prompt action.
- Consult with Rental Manager, deciding whether to repair or exchange rental equipment on the job-site.
- Engage in some customer training concerning daily maintenance and safe operation of equipment.
- Notify the customers Rental Application Specialist before billing for damages.
- Establish maintenance and repair standards for each piece of rental equipment.
- Directly supervise up to 15 employees.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university or 5-10 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specific brand training on fleet equipment.
- Five years experience with Caterpillar product lines.
- Ability to teach other mechanics how to maintain and repair equipment.
- Strong administrative and relationship skills to keep all repair tasks flowing in a timely manner while documenting parts and labor costs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Technical background related field
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- General Computer literacy a plus.
- Valid Driver's License / Clean Driving Record
- Professionalism and diplomacy to approach others and manage emotional or ambiguous situations with clarity and self-control.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Availability to work normal hours during first shift, but flexible for weekend, holiday and evening work as required to get a job completed on time.
- Knowledge of CAT DBS Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Office Suite Word Processing software.
- High tolerance for performing complex job tasks while experiencing numerous interruptions.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.