The Cat Rental Store (CRS) Delivery Driver delivers and picks up equipment for the Cat Rental Store. This role inspects equipment to maintain operating condition, schedules any necessary repairs, and maintains appearance and mechanical condition of company truck. Requirements include Class A – CDL, working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment, and 6 months driving experience.
• Delivers and picks up rental equipment using Class 8 truck - 40,000 pound capacity loads.
• Loads rental equipment on customer provided transportation. Loads and unloads equipment onto trailer. Follows all safety requirements to ensure equipment is secured properly.
• Determines most efficient route based on load weight, road, and traffic conditions.
• Maintains a Driver’s Log Book as required by DOT regulations.
• Follows DOT rules and regulations regarding oversize loads and permits. Administers daily inspection requirements. Meets all DOT driver qualifications rules and regulations. Maintains current CDL.
• Instructs customer on proper equipment use and safety procedures.
• Inspects equipment upon return for damage, abuse, fuel levels, and all attachments.
• Assists on service tasks for CRS as needed.
• Completes documents for rental closeout upon return.
• Completes operational inspection of all returned rental machines and performs minor repairs or maintenance.
• Reports any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of equipment.
• Reports all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment. Reports highway safety hazards noted in route.
• Washes all rental machines upon return and touches up paint as needed to maintain proper machine appearance.
• Maintains delivery truck appearance and mechanical condition of truck.
• Works with service department on pre-delivery of new equipment.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• Serves as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment and diesel trucks and trailers.
• Knowledge of DOT legal requirements
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to work overtime with minimum notice required.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Valid Class A - CDL driver’s license with excellent driving record and current DOT physical card required.
• 6 to 12 months commercial driving experience with over the road tractor & trailer experience required.
• Knowledge of usage and operation of light construction equipment preferred.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”