Job Duties: Operate, repair, rebuild, and maintain all types of earthmoving equipment. The ability to independently and accurately diagnose and repair/rebuild inoperative or malfunctioning equipment is essential. This individual will also provide air conditioning repair and service on an as needed basis.
Requirements: The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently and successfully maintain equipment, diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain equipment in a field environment
- Utilize a laptop computer for information and diagnostic purposes with a demonstrated proficiency in S.I.S. and E.T.
- Safely assemble and disassemble components and equipment according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Work overtime as required, and maintain tool requirements
As a Field Mechanic you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, listening, and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence, and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold
- Injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must meet DOT regulatory & CBE requirements for operating CBE or related vehicles
- Must sign all documentation to meet DOT regulations and CBE requirements
- Must be minimum of 23 years old
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”