Rental Manager - Corporate
Are you able to strategize, implement, and oversee processes to increase profit and growth while leading a team? The Rental Fleet Manager is responsible for supporting Butler Machinery’s 20 store locations in the execution of our rental strategy to serve customers’ needs across the agriculture, mining, and construction industries. Accountable for leading Butler Machinery’s rental division’s strategic growth, focused on maximizing rental revenue market share, while increasing profitable revenue, customer satisfaction, minimizing equipment lifecycle cost, and establishing a culture to support the missions and values of Butler Machinery. Based out of Fargo, this role will have the opportunity to grow professional with a 65 year strong premier equipment dealer
- Leads and supports the development and execution of Butler Machinery’s rental strategy while exemplifying the Mission and Values of Butler Machinery.
- Collaborates with the Directors of Regional operations, Ag Division, and Construction Division in defining and executing the specific rental division’s strategy.
- Provides strategic direction, market analysis, business planning and operational oversight to the rental division’s management team, including a 3- and 5-years business plan.
- Provides oversight on tactical operational performance, commercial opportunities, and key financials indicators.
- Sponsors continuous performance improvement initiatives across the division.
- Partners with service operations and the operational regions to deploy improved lifecycle costing strategies, while continuing to enhance ongoing practices.
- Directly supports salesforce in large bids preparations, large package agreements, and unique customer negotiations.
- Responsible for driving and achieving superior levels of customer experience and loyalty in the rental market.
- Sponsor’s definition of division’s annual marketing plan requirements in coordination with the marketing department
- Maintains a liaison role with equipment fleet manufactures.
- Develops leaders, and future leaders of the organization through ongoing mentoring and coaching.
- Champion and supports Butler Machinery’s safety culture.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organizes, communicates, and delegates responsibilities and priorities to divisional managers to ensure the successful operation of the department.
- Provides continual developmental opportunities for the rental team via regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivating employees and promotes continually self-development.
- Communicates with and coaches employees on assignments, providing technical expertise as needed.
- Selects, trains and develops employees consistent with department/division goals, providing coaching on career development.
- Supervisory responsibilities include the Rental Fleet Business Manager, Rental Fleet Maintenance Manager, Rental Fleet BCP Manager, and Administrative Support.
- Bachelor's degree in business or industry related field preferred or equivalent combination of business experience, training and/or education required.
- Leadership training or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Accounting and Finance skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to coach, counsel and confront
- Equipment/Industry/Rental knowledge
- Good computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Suite
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some things we offer within our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Company Vehicle
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products