TEAM UP WITH US!
The Rental PM Field Tech I is responsible for high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Complete assigned jobs and tasks to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
· Ability to provide repair recommendations and perform minor service repairs in both field and shop.
· Complete related paperwork and access required databases (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS Web, STW) to complete job within an accurate and timely manner.
· Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
· General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, lap tops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
· This position requires the ability to provide accurate quotes and pricing estimates to the customer.
· Complete and submit accurate and timely service reports and DOT logs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· Requires general knowledge of diesel or gas engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
· Ability to perform required PM services across a broad range of rental equipment in both field and shop.
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers and coordinate PM service schedules to meet customer needs
· Clean driving record and CDL or ability to obtain the CDL within 60 days of employment, must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle.
· Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
· We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
· Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 85%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”