The Rental Sales Representative is responsible for successfully providing excellent customer service and maintains an active client base in their respective territory by increasing rental revenue for Caterpillar and Allied equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Coordinates with store rental personnel on availability and deliverables
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
• Coordinates and/or participates in customer training.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Develops and maintains relationships with customers (including foremen, site managers, and purchasing contacts)
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Attends trade shows.
• Promote sales initiative as they relate to rental machines
• Continued education/training on equipment product lines offered by Riggs
• Monitor all rental sales activity within assigned territory/accounts to ensure all lost sales are reported
• Responsible for long-term satisfaction of customers
• Support team selling with all sales operations within Riggs including parts, general line, rental, hydraulics, power solutions, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully, and sometimes develop alternative solutions;
• Ability to work in group problem solving situations
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs.
• Ability to speak or communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
• Demonstrated group presentation skills and willingness to participate in meetings.
• Ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles, and self-measure against standard of excellence.
• Tolerance for taking calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.or B.S.) from four-year college or university (May be waived due to experience level)
• 1-5 Caterpillar or Competitor Sales or Rental Experience
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Valid driver license and clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Employee must be able to lift 25 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is an outside sales role with expected overnight stays estimated at 1-5 nights/month.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”