TEAM UP WITH US!
The Rental Technician I is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Commission, service, and repair power generation equipment utilized in oilfield applications.
· Commission, service, and repair compressed air equipment utilized in oilfield applications.
· Complete assigned jobs and tasks within Caterpillar Equipment Repair Labor Guidelines (ERLG) without sacrificing quality and/or safety.
· Work safely and follow all WCAT safety policies and procedures.
· Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
· Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations.
· Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, clean and inspect assemblies with minimal supervision.
· Understand and apply Cat reusability guidelines.
· Submit parts and core returns in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
· Perform warranty downloads of ECM.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· Specific CAT product line knowledge of natural gas engines, electrical, electronic, mechanical systems and components to include Preventative Maintenance Services.
· Position requires basic knowledge of gas/diesel engines and EPG systems and troubleshooting.
· Proficient use of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, lap tops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
· This position requires the ability to provide accurate quotes.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· 1-3 years of related experience
· (Preferred) Associate’s degree/certificate in diesel technology, or similar mechanical discipline.
· Clean driving record and ability to obtain CDL within 90 days of hire for field assignment.
· Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle.
· Successfully complete Work Steps assessment.
· Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and/or man lift.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
· We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
· Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 10%.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”