Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Equipment Technician who will be responsible for servicing and maintaining a very wide range of Caterpillar equipment, engines, and compressors in a specific geographical location.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver’s license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
Major Job Functions:
- Troubleshooting and repairing Caterpillar and other mechanical equipment in a service oriented gas compression environment
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Completion, or in the process of completing all Finning S- level courses
- Self-motivated and computer literate
- Experience with Costwatcher, DBS, SIS and Warranty Systems as well as a good understanding of Finning systems, would all be assets
- Successful candidate will need to be customer orientated and motivated to meet the customer's expectations
- Ability to work safely with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience repairing CAT equipment
- This position will work on a 6 x 6 continuous shift
- A recent driver’s abstract is required
- Please be advised, the successful candidate for this position will reside in Edson or Hinton.
Hours and shift schedules that may be subject to change to meet Finning or customer requirements, and will be made in accordance with the Collective Agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.