Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The Sales In Training (SIT) is an integral component of the Rents operation team. Over a 12 months period, the SIT will learn all aspects of the Fabick business and culture via rotational assignments, instructor-led, field, and online training in order to prepare the trainee to function competently as a Rental Specialist. Fabick will provide the appropriate resources to ensure the SIT can develop into a sales position, and in return, the SIT will demonstrate a commitment to his/her future by seizing every learning opportunity made available. At the completion of the assignment, a successful trainee will move into a Rental Specialist role upon availability.
* The SIT will work under the guidance of the Regional Sales Manager/General Manager to ensure daily and monthly training goals are met and assist with the sales process in various aspects of the rotation.
* Complete the identified training covering sales funnel management, pricing/quoting, territory management, customer relations, negotiations and gathering market data as well as shadowing employees performing said functions.
* Meet with the Regional Sales Manager/General Manager for a mentoring review on a quarterly basis to review progress and goals.
* Promote a culture of safety and discipline through personal leadership, exemplary personal compliance, accountability and communication. Developing existing customer relationships and finding new customers. Providing customers with quotes, negotiating terms of agreement and closing the sale. Representing Fabick at any trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations professionally.
* Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office. Reviewing own sales performance against targets as you gain experience.
* At the conclusion of the training program, prepare a final report to the GM and the Regional Sales Manager.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred
* At least 2 years' experience in a retail or similar environment
* Prior sales experience
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other business software applications required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
* Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to work outside normal business hours
* Must be result oriented with ability to influence others
* Demonstrated strengths in analysis, problem solving and prioritizing
* High level of persuasion and negotiation skills
* Must possess strong organizational skills
* Strong personal leadership/accountability
* Must be able to commute to multiple locations and/or agree to relocate for promotion to
* Rental Specialist position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to finger, feel or handle; climb or balance; and stop, kneed crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/r move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled