Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Data & Analytics Innovation Lead, the Senior Full Stack Developer role is responsible for delivering improved business performance and efficiency through innovative solutions – specifically software that delivers a rich, visual experience for users to explore and action data driven insights.
You’ll have an opportunity to work with Azure, Angular, GraphQL, Node.JS, NGINX, MongoDB and SQL Server while collaborating with data engineers, scientists and analysts to positively disrupt and drive business results - both internally and for our customers.
We are looking for someone that is results driven and that brings a sense of passion around taking a challenge and making amazing things possible with data. If this role sounds like a great fit for you, apply today.
What’s Unique About This Role
Innovation requires range, and there is no shortage of that with the work we are doing. We solve difficult problems by rapidly iterating using an internally developed suite of technologies designed to create modern end-to-end solutions that are adaptable, scalable and challenge the status quo.
We do what it takes to deliver value to our customers and internal users – whether that is:
- Working with data scientists and analysts to explore, analyze, and combine data
- Building rich, visual apps that simplify data insight exploration and enhance value delivery
- Architecting pipelines to ingest raw source system data for new potential sources of insight
- Improving a proprietary internal data API (GraphQL) & interactive Angular visualization library
- Scaling solutions and creating new standards via successful proof of concept and pilot programs
Who You Are
You are someone who would identify as a generalist with some specific areas of expertise/passion.
- You’ve worked on end-to-end solutions that delivered value and scaled them over time
- You have opinions on best practices and aren’t afraid to share, defend, or change them
- You are willing to take chances on new methods vs. familiar ones, whenever appropriate
- You believe in test driven development
- You enjoy writing thoughtful, dynamic code
- You have a team first mentality
- You are excited to provide ideas for improvements
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching others
What You’ll Do
You’ll be working as part of a cross-functional team to deliver innovative data and analytics solutions at scale.
- Conduct requirements analysis, development estimates, testing, and documentation
- Implement (build) approved design following industry best practices
- Provide testable results against business requirements
- Utilize technical skills to contribute to architecture and technology choices
- Communicate technical design alternatives, limitations and benefits
- Generate ideas for improvements focused on better product quality, user satisfaction, and increasing company value
- Mentor and coach junior developers on technology standards, patterns and practices
- 6+ years of experience in commercial, enterprise-level software product environments.
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of engineering
- Extensive experience with:
- RESTful & GraphQL APIs
- Modern JS server-side frameworks (Node.js, Express.js)
- Modern MVC frameworks (Angular 2+/React.js/Vue.js)
- Asynchronous JS methods (Promise Chaining, ES6 async/await)
- Modern testing frameworks and methods (Unit/Integration/E2E)
- Proficient knowledge of:
- Relational Databases (we use MSSQL)
- Document Databases (we use MongoDB)
- RXJS Behavior Subjects, Observables
- Client-side API calls / HTTP methods
- Modern web infrastructure (we use NGINX, Docker, K8s)
- Hands-on experience in full lifecycle management of complex software development projects
- Experience with deployment of software solutions using leading cloud platforms
- Worked on software developments teams utilizing Git, JIRA and/or VSTS (Azure DevOps)
- Building, running, and maintaining cloud infrastructure (we use Azure)
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.