This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
Plan, execute, and operationalize programs and processes for all training. Special focus on the design and implementation of systems to maintain the effectiveness of technician training. Responsible for all coordination of training programs for both people skills and technical skills, including scheduling, tracking, and logistics of all instructor-led and online training, from inception to delivery to post-training evaluation and content reinforcement for learners. Maintain individual and departmental training records in a variety of formats, including traditional hard copy filing, spreadsheets, LMS software, and other cloud-based software.
Support the strategic direction of the organization and the division. Consistently demonstrate Cashman Equipment’s Core Values (Communicators, Accountable, Safe, Honest, Mentors, Adaptable, and Now-Right Now) in the performance of one’s functions and responsibilities while promoting and enhancing customer satisfaction, market dominance, and profitability.
- Develop and maintain complex training and competency matrices, training plans, training schedules, and documentation in support of a technical training program called TCDP (Technician Career Development Process).
- Partner with Corporate Training Manager and other stakeholders to assess and analyze learning needs based on performance and needs assessment data.
- Assess and monitor the effectiveness of all learning and development activity against pre-defined goals and objectives.
- Partner with HR/Recruiting to build substantive, long-term educational relationship and recruitment opportunities at local schools within all three major territories.
- Implement, track, and troubleshoot compliance training for all employees.
- Partner with Safety Department to implement, track, and troubleshoot safety training.
- Perform reporting and data analysis for all training, especially TCDP.
- Ensure that all new hires are being interviewed, assessed, and receiving ILP’s.
- Create library of standard operating procedures that promote an efficient training operation and build accountability around Training Department standards.
- Assess, evaluate and review data to organize systems to streamline the new employee orientation experience.
- Build database in Microsoft Lists or similar application for learning tracking that replaces the current Excel spreadsheet-based system.
- Research and identify areas in which training is required and/or beneficial and then deliver training and/or arrange training for outside vendors for DBS, I-Rents, SalesLink, and other enterprise-wide software.
- Evaluates and modifies existing or proposed programs; suggests and implements suitable changes.
- Partner with Corporate Training Manager and other department leaders to develop custom training solutions when needed.
- Oversee day to day administration of external training (“Customer Training”) from classroom logistics to assessment testing to inventory to invoicing.
- Create and update e-learning materials using Articulate Storyline or other software and/or develop others in the department to do this.
- Create and occasionally train technical computer skill courses including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), file navigation, typing, and advanced computing.
- Be the administrator for our Learning Management System
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated project management expertise with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expertise in building learning plans linked to career paths.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to independently write grammatically correct routine business correspondence in a succinct, logical manner.
- Superlative phone and customer service skills.
- Expert level proficiency in company authorized software (including all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel).
- Knowledge of instructional materials and A-D-D-I-E model of learning design.
- Ability to use e-learning design software such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or others.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers and the general public.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Work independently to identify potentially more effective methods of work operation.
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate; adapt to frequent changes in workload.
- Think through the consequences and impact of a decision before making it.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in HR, Training, Education, Organizational Development, IT, or equivalent experience in any of those fields.
- Experience working in heavy equipment, industrial, construction, or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with course design and delivery preferred.
- Familiarity with technical training programs highly preferred.
- Previous experience in delivering exceptional customer service required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day. Sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with occasional exposure to shop and warehouse environment.
Valid Nevada State Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
Occasional travel and overnight stays.