Service Advisor – Dickinson
If you have a passion for the Construction and Ag industries, are dedicated to Customer satisfaction and teamwork, and want to pursue a career in service management, then take your career to the next level and apply to be a Service Advisor for Butler Machinery’s Dickinson store.
Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 14 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction and Ag industry and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: FENDT, AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more. Butler Machinery is a family-owned company offering great wages and a fantastic benefit package.
As a Service Advisor you are the liaison between our Customers, Technicians, and Store Management team. The Service Advisor is primarily responsible for directing the daily activities of our Technicians, focusing on safety, efficiency, customer experience, and teamwork. You will be coordinating and scheduling Technician’s time, maintaining work orders, preparing and communicating quotes to customers, and managing workflow through the shop.
- Assigns jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
- Seeks customer feedback proactively, anticipates problems and responds promptly.
- Responds and follows up to employee issues and concerns.
- Reviews all repair work orders for accuracy concerning parts, materials and labor, and approves the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Works with the Service Manager or supervisor in all aspects of the service department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Service Manager (may fill the Service Manager's role in their absence).
- Assists the Service Manager in Quoting and Estimating upcoming jobs coming into the service department.
- Advises Service Manager of all customer complaints.
- Assists the team in the implementation of Contamination Control Guidelines.
- Meets with Service Manager on a regular basis to review department performance profitability and efficiencies.
- Exhibits technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Butler Machinery Company.
- Seeks and participates proactively in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participates in all company/location driven communication efforts, including customer events, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organizes, communicates, and delegates responsibilities and priorities to subordinates to ensure the successful operation of the department.
- Provides regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivating employees and promoting self-development.
- Communicates with and coaches employees on assignments, providing technical expertise as needed.
- Selects, trains and develops employees consistent with department/division goals, providing coaching on career development.
- A High school and/or technical school education or equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education required.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some things we offer within our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance.