The Service Attendant maintains, prepares and inventories heavy rents, sales, and used equipment in the yard. This role requires a valid driver’s license with ability to obtain a CDL, proven customer service skills, and operation knowledge of light construction equipment.
• Instructs customer on proper use and safety procedures. Loads and unloads machines on customer transportation.
• Maintains organization and appearance of the yard.
• Completes documents for shipping and receiving equipment.
• Inspects machines upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel levels and all attachments.
• May assist other technicians with minor repairs or maintenance on returned machines.
• Washes, details, and touches up machines upon return as needed to maintain proper appearance.
• Completes final check of customer equipment before it leaves the yard.
• Steam cleans equipment and components on request; keeps steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
• Maintains neat and organized attachment inventory.
• Delivers and picks equipment as needed.
• Maintains the tool room. Loans equipment to technicians. Inventories tools. Schedules repairs for tools with outside vendors.
• Assists with shop cleanup.
• Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Western State’s Six Sigma program.
• Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven customer service skills.
• Knowledge and use of usage and operation of light construction equipment.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance and timeliness.
• Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred.
• Previous industry experience preferred.
• Excellent driving record and valid driver’s license required with the ability to pass CDL requirements.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time along with sitting, repetitive stair climbing, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, twisting, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
• Exposure to high noise level.
• Exposure to fumes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”