Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
* Directs and coordinates service department activities in the following segments: truck, commercial, industrial, marine and rental.
* Determines staff hours, the number of personnel, and parts and equipment required for service calls, utilizing knowledge of product, typical malfunctions, and service procedures and practices.
* Plans, schedules and executes monthly departmental/team meetings.
* Creates, drives, and supports a safety culture within the workgroup.
* Plans, schedules and executes the overall vision for the department to meet financial, customer, and employee engagement/productivity goals.
* Sets work objectives for the department along with policies, procedures, and workflow to ensure an efficiently run department.
* Sets and drives goals for the multiple service departments.
* Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
* Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance. Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Assess and determine career development and training for employees.
* Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
* Confer with personnel, such as management, customers, and union workers' representatives, to coordinate work activities, resolve employee grievances, and identify and review resource needs.
* Participates in the process of renewing union contracts with corporate personnel.
* Participate in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation, and monitoring departmental expenditures. Responsible for budgeting, P&L, and business planning.
* Any and all duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related business field is preferred, but not required. A two-year technical degree in Diesel Technology is preferred.
* Seven plus years of service management experience is required.
* Five years of service technician experience is preferred.
* Proven record of managing a profitable business segment and must have strong business acumen and application experience in P&L, budgeting, and business planning. The ability to think on your feet is a must along with making good business decisions.
* Ability to effectively lead, influence, negotiate and communicate with others both internally and externally. Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others as well as experience in managing multiple layers of employees.
* Ability to understand customer needs and demonstrates a high level of urgency in dealing with customers. Ability to work cohesively with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers and vendors.
* Proven experience in successful change management is required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other business software applications is required.
* Must be a good communicator, negotiator - excellent people skills.
* Flexible: Must fit in and work well with all kinds and types of people
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask.
* The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled