This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
SITECH Intermountain is seeking an experienced Field Technician Specialist. The technician is responsible for the service and support of Trimble Civil Engineering and Construction Products on various earthmoving and paving machines. The ideal candidate will have experience with troubleshooting electrical and mechanical grade control systems and an ability to operate machines performing construction tasks.
Support the strategic direction of the organization and the division. Consistently demonstrate Cashman Equipment’s Core Values (Communicators, Accountable, Safe, Honest, Mentors, Adaptable, and Now-Right Now) in the performance of one’s functions and responsibilities while promoting and enhancing customer satisfaction, market dominance, and profitability.
- Primary resource in providing on machine installation, service and maintenance for all Trimble Heavy Civil Construction products
- Ensure the operational quality of the system by documenting post-installation tests
- Provide on-site troubleshooting as requested by the sales and technical support staff
- Ensure that installation, training, and other work necessary is completed on time
- Document and report field activities as well as being pro-active in creating process improvements
- Assist sales and marketing with demonstrations, trade shows and events
- Drive revenue based upon performance of services for construction machine customers
- Create and provide training services for SITECH Intermountain and our customers
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of machine control products
- Familiarity with heavy equipment and their hydraulic and electrical systems required
- Able to follow both routine and advanced procedures and to think analytically
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervision
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, written and problem solving skills
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, abiding by all company policies
- Experience working in a team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Two-year College or vocational degree in diesel mechanics or equivalent
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge with a focus on electrical systems
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment machines.
- Familiarity with construction site operations using heavy equipment machine control systems is desired.
- Operation of heavy construction equipment a plus
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft Office software
- Previous presentation and/or course development skills are a plus
- Experience in Arc welding is desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours in a day. Sit 5-6 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb; including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with occasional exposure to shop and warehouse environment.
Shop/warehouse environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
Available to travel, overnight travel may be required up to 25% of the time as warranted for customer visits, training, company meetings, etc.
Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs
Valid Nevada State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.