Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:
As a Software Developer, you’ll be tasked with solving the most challenging technical problems and collaborating with other Developers on your team. You will utilize your technical skills to contribute to architecture and technology choices. You will be building MVPs and POCs as well as scalable enterprise applications. You will be part of a small team building the next generation of customer facing applications and solutions. You will be making changes that have real time impact to our customers and you will be using the latest technology to implement these changes.
Our Global Digital Services team is spread around the globe and you’ll work with Finning counterparts across our 3 Regions – Canada, South America and the UK & Ireland.
We are open to considering candidates in Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver and offer flexible work arrangements.
Are you hungry to learn and flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environment? Keep reading and apply below!
- Interact with product and project managers, vendors and other team members working as a collaborative agile team
- Design, code and test new solutions, building test automation and CI/CD automation
- Write clean code that is modular, efficient, and maintainable
- Build APIs, web-services, and other integrations
- Constantly communicate with other members of your team such as the testers, other developers and product managers
- Offer technical estimates to help prioritize backlog of user stories
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of Software Development experience
- You are passionate about building software with the customer in mind
- You are an exploratory developer with a proactive and curious personality
- You are comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing velocity and quality against business needs
- You have track record of delivering and working well within a team of remote workers.
- You have a great sense of humour – we work hard, and have fun doing it!
- You have hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- You have experience with RESTful based web services
- You have experience in working with content management technologies
- You have a minimum of 2 years of Java (J2EE ) or C# .Net Core programming experience
- You have good estimation abilities in scoping development work
- You have experience building, deploying and supporting Internet-facing applications
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
Other Desired Experience:
- Experience with Adobe Target not required, but considered a plus
- CMS, Mobile, Azure stack experience
- You have direct experience or you have been part of a team implementing Adobe AEM or similar web content management system (AEM 6.5 is a plus)
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.