TEAM UP WITH US!
The Supervisor I is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of production and service workers. Supervises workers engaged in layout and machine operating fabricate, structural, wire, or technical and field services workers by performing the following duties.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Supervises, directs and evaluates programs. Exercises judgment, selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving problems.
· Supervises office, sales, service and production worker activities to achieve optimum utilization of equipment and employee productivity.
· Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations. Established or adjusts work procedures to meet schedules.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
· Maintains time and production records. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
· Studies schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
· Recommends measures to improve production method, equipment performance, and quality of product. Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
· Influences people rather than demand others.
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
· Directly supervises up to 15 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Technical background in a related field is preferred.
· Must possess hands on knowledge in most areas of responsibility.
· Have knowledge of CAT DBS Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Office Suite Word Processing software. Certificates, Licenses.
· Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and managerial skills needed. Ability to lead, motivate and direct subordinates.
· In-depth knowledge of company’s products, policy and procedures.
· Pro-actively establish effective relationships and support others in achieving high performance.
· Demonstrate professional behavior, flexibility, and effective communication skills in their interactions with others.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
· We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
· Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 20%.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”