TEAM UP WITH US!
The Technical Communicator II is responsible for providing internal and external customers with technical assistance.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist technicians on assignments through the repair process to ensure timely, cost effective and quality repairs are being completed.
- Coordinate and work with Caterpillar engineers in resolving product issues.
- Answer technical requests and inquiries to resolve product problems through diagnosis, personal knowledge and expertise, research, manufacturing contacts and engineering data.
- Recognize, document and report product issues and assist in determining root cause that significantly affect customer satisfaction, productivity and/or operations.
- Travels to customer sites within assigned region to assist in complex troubleshooting and ongoing issues to gain a better understanding of the specific repair and establish improvements in the repair process.
- Attends necessary training in order to stay up to date on new products and challenges.
- Utilizes Caterpillar system resources, such as SIS web, Product Support CRM (PSCRM), Dealer.Cat.com, Dealer Product Support Search (DPSS), Service Information Management System (SIMS I) /Continuous Product Improvement (CPI), to diagnose issues and evaluate possible solutions.
- Proficient in using professional phone etiquette to field customer calls.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five (5) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Moderate computer skills. Familiar with web navigation, experience working with databases.
- Must have valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 20%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.