This position may perform any combination of the following duties:
- Successfully sell or rent CE, BCP, CMI and Allied products for assigned accounts
- Influence all other products and services offered by the enterprise and pass on leads where appropriate
- Build and maintain relationships with all appropriate decision makers and influencers within the assigned accounts
- Build and maintain customer metrics in the following areas
- PINS performance, profitability, customer satisfaction; evaluate and align customer needs with our offerings
- Create and implement territory business/coverage plan to work within budgetary constraints
- Evaluate, prepare and present various product and application presentations as part of the sales process
- Develop and process all related sales and rental documentation pricing, including but not limited to rental, sales, warranty; update knowledge of product offerings and applications through use of Caterpillar Media, trade publications, competitor websites, etc
- Maintain a working knowledge of all related finance programs; produce timely expense account and sales reports
- Maintain a professional relationship with all internal customers
- Perform other work related duties as assigned. Assigned territory is York County including some assigned accounts.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field, combined with two to five years of progressive experience in an industrial environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable to the Company.
- Broad knowledge of various sales techniques and principles, as well as proficient understanding of mechanics/civil technology, is required
- Understanding of the practices, policies and procedures of the Company with respect to relationships with internal and external customers
- Must possess excellent communication skills to maintain and reflect the image of the company with all customer contacts
- Display creativity, commitment and the desire to function as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks and requests from numerous sources
- Solid working skills in computer applications, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes software packages, is required
- Candidate should have a willingness to transfer throughout the territory of York County and surrounding areas
- Sales ability/aptitude; ability to satisfy customers and close the deal; familiarity with product line
- Candidate should possess or be willing to secure their Class "A" CDL license.
- Excellent communication skills, computer skills, and live within the assigned territory.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong back ground in the construction & agriculture industry.
- Candidate must reside or be willing to relocate to within the territory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”