Territory Sales Representative – SITECH Tri-Rivers
The Territory Sales Representative’s primary focus is to develop and grow the market by identifying and selling Machine Control and Guidance, Site Positioning and Data Prep Software solutions to both strategic customers as large construction contractors and smaller scale construction customers. The position is responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets and growing the SITECH Technology Dealer’s market share in the regional trade area.
This is a full-time position that will be based out of Memphis, TN focusing support on West Tennessee and North Mississippi.
- BS in a relevant discipline or a degree in a technical and or civil engineering, surveying, or a related business field, and sales/account management experience with extensive distribution and multiple channel experience.
- Must have three years’ experience in construction or related industries.
- Construction experience in dirt moving / grading applications or in related fields a plus.
- Experience with GPS or Machine Guidance a plus.
- Experience with Trimble GNSS and other SPS products a plus.
- Must be a dependable, self-motivated, ethical, analytical, problem solver with a good attitude and even better work ethic.
- Must possess the ability to progress technically at a fast pace and retain technical information well
- Must have a strong mechanical skill.
- Must be able to communicate effectively/clearly, both verbally and in writing; including phone, e-mail, and face-to-face customer support.
- Must be calm and decisive in high pressure situations when customers have critical support issues.
- Must be capable of working in a team-based environment.
- Hours of work may be flexible according to customer needs; early sales calls, and weekend sales calls/demonstration can and will happen.
- Travel is required; most travel will be out and back during the work day for support calls; some overnight trips will be required for support, installs, or meetings.
- Provide technical guidance, pre-sale application analysis, product specification, and customer demonstrations for heavy & highway applications.
- Travels to visit potential clients as directed.
- Manages and interprets customer requirements - speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
- Assists clients in understanding which products or services best satisfies their needs in terms of functionality, quality, price and delivery.
- Supports marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Strives to meet regularly set sales targets for their region and the company.
- Prepares and calculates client quotations.
- Negotiates tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs.
- Work directly with Trimble and SITECH support staff along with associates of heavy equipment OEMs staff on matters of sales, support and other field activities.
- Maintain responsibility for all company assets issued. This includes but not limited to, demo equipment, field service equipment, vehicles, computers, and paperwork.
- Consistently follow all job and office related policies and procedures.
- Records and maintains client contact data.
- Liaises with other members of the sales team and technical support to solve client problems.
- Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently works to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver's license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
SITECH Tri-Rivers is the exclusive Trimble dealer in Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi for machine control solutions, site surveying solutions, drone services and support, and connected jobsites. SITECH Tri-Rivers is a subsidiary of Thompson Machinery.
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.