Responsible for actively participating in the learning process to become proficient in providing high quality repairs. Respond to customer needs in a positive and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed. Remaining engaged in a classroom setting and shop area to develop your mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities
All essential functions, duties and responsibilities will be performed following Fabick Cat's safety guidelines and practices to be in support of the company's mission, vision and values.
* Engage and participate in a learning environment that is both in the shop and classroom settings
* Perform all levels of repair and preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment
* Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, test and adjust assemblies with minimal Supervision
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs an make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments
* Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
* Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely and orderly manner
* Maintain work area, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment
* Complete all assigned coursework and maintain a 3.0 GPA at State Technical College
* Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the ThinkBIG Program
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must meet State Technical College of Missouri admission requirements
* The ability to attend State Technical College in Linn Missouri for the length of the program.
* Must take 2 mechanical aptitude test that are provided by State Technical College prior to enrollment
* Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA while enrolled into the ThinkBIG Program
* Ability to intern at any one of our Missouri or Illinois Fabick locations
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally their thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form
* Basic understanding of maintenance practices
* Own your own set of tools by the first day of class, the required tool list will be provided by Fabick Cat. (Company does not provide the tools)
* Must be able to read, write and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications
* Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn company computer software with training.
* General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment
* Ability to operate various types of equipment and implements, diagnostic tooling and various shop and electric tools
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled