Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for Training Instructors in Aurora, CO & Albuquerque, NM.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for developing and delivering Caterpillar and other allied vendor, technical training courses specifically targeted towards Company and customer technicians. The individual in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's vision of working as “One Professional Team”. 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources. 3) Participate in on going self-development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Able to demonstrate strong technical aptitude and understanding within assigned area of responsibility including, but not limited to Diesel Engines, Electricity, Electronic Troubleshooting, Hydraulics, Transmissions, Air Conditioning, and Power Trains
- Assesses new and tenured technicians to measure skill set progress
- Develop training materials and facilitates classes in response to technicians desired skill sets, role assessments, and management requests
- Collaborates with Technical Communicators (TCs) and other technical trainers to develop hands-on skills assessments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of technician specific training and reports progress within defined training periods
- Acts as a Technical Training Consultant for Company stores to ensure the resolution of critical technical training problems
- Obtain an understanding of changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies impacting training
- Continually acquires personal training skills and learning techniques
- Remain up to date on product knowledge
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by Training Manager
- Working knowledge of project management
- Advanced planning, organizing, and influencing skills
- Advanced organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Caterpillar SIS and ET software
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, etc.
- Medium work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 32 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
- 3-5 years supervisory/management experience
- 5+ years technical or mechanical experience with earthmoving equipment or gas engines
- 1-3 years’ experience as an instructor in a related vocational field, such as diesel or heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Experience with curriculum development and adult learning theory
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $54,825.00 - $75,430.00 annually
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.