This job is intended to be a Full Time Position.
Support the strategic direction of the organization and the division. Consistently demonstrate Cashman Equipment’s Core Values (Communicators, Accountable, Safe, Honest, Mentors, Adaptable, and Now-Right Now) in the performance of one’s functions and responsibilities while promoting and enhancing customer satisfaction, market dominance, and profitability.
- Accurate, timely deliveries and/or pick-ups of equipment to specified customers at scheduled location, time and day with an emphasis on safe, courteous driving practices utilizing a class “B” roll back style truck with airbrakes.
- Ensure equipment is safe, clean, and in good operating condition before deliveries are made.
- Complete appropriate delivery and pick-up documentation, getting customers’ signatures for acceptance of equipment.
- Operate all types of equipment to load, unload and demonstrate use.
- Secure loads for transportation using chains and binders and/or tie down straps. Make sure loads conform to local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
- Communicate effectively with customers as needed, especially while demonstrating the proper and safe use of the equipment.
- Accurately maintain all required company and/or federally mandated travel vehicle documentation.
- Check in equipment after completing inspection reports for customer damage or abuse and reporting any damage and abuse to management.
- Complete all reports and logs as required.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Working varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Be prepared to stay overnight at other locations as business needs arise.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Achieves first class service.
- Accurately and timely transport of equipment.
- Maintains good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in driving functions.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Class B with Airbrakes Commercial driving experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of equipment hauling experience using rollback style truck.
- Knowledge and experience in all departments of transportation laws and regulations, federal, state and local.
- Knowledge and experience in operating small Caterpillar equipment such as mini excavators; skid loaders; track loaders.
- Knowledge and experience in operating aerial equipment such as small scissor lifts; boom lifts.
- MSHA certificate preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift 50 - 80 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
Valid Nevada Class B Commercial Driver License with Airbrake endorsement and an acceptable driving record.
Heavy face-to-face customer contact.