We are looking for self-motivated, hardworking, team-oriented, customer-driven diesel service technicians to join our growing service team throughout our three-state region. If you have a passion for working with construction, agriculture or power generation equipment in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning throughout your career, you will be right at home at Butler.
The future of our business is dependent upon developing the capabilities of individuals who live our company mission, demonstrate our values and are hungry to grow their careers. Learn more about becoming a Butler Tech by clicking https://www.butlermachinery.com/techniciancareers/.
Full-Time Technician Pay Scale: $26.39/hr-$42.76/hr, DOE.
Job Responsibilities: The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Diagnose and repair all makes and models of truck engines
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems on trucks and trailers
- Repair of truck chassis to include air system, brakes, driveline, lighting, etc.
- Communicate professionally with customers on repairs
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Work overtime as workload dictates
- Work in other areas of shop as assigned
- Travel for work, to other BMC and customer locations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete service reports and parts orders accurately and timely
- Other duties as assigned
Individuals applying for this position should have:
- A two-year associates degree in a related field preferred
- Trade-specific tooling
- Ability to provide effective customer experience and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble components
- Troubleshooting and repair of truck engines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer technology skills
- Ability to meet insurability standards to drive a company vehicle
- Must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates In 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Nebraska. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options – Basic and Preferred
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days a year accrued through pay periods
- 401(K) Plan
- 8% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance