The Utility Serviceman is responsible for washing and cleaning various items including, but not limited to, machines, parts, and components.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Operates steam cleaning/wash bay equipment.
• Sprays objects with sprayer nozzle or immerses objects in washing and rinsing solutions to remove debris.
• Dries objects if necessary.
• Dislodges debris from objects.
• Fills vats with water to specified level.
• Pours specified quantity of soap or chemicals into water or other solutions.
• Operates/moves equipment into and out of wash rack bay.
• Load and unload parts into and out of caustic vat and soap vat.
• Maintain shop equipment
• Clean machines, components, facilities, and parts
• Load and unload equipment, parts, and components
• Take proper care of all company owned assets and keep work area clean and orderly
• Assist in overall support of Riggs customers and business operations
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or one to three months related experience and/or training.
• Basic literacy and math skills to read, write, and understand simple instructions and/or calculations related to the work.
• Ability to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standard situations with occasional or no variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”