Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Utility Worker in Colorado Springs, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Utility Worker performs general support and housekeeping functions for an assigned shop, which may include refueling equipment, reporting machine hours to the counter representative upon rental returns, and organizing the yard by equipment status, in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” Depending on what shop/location assigned to, the Utility Worker will perform all or some of these functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Paints and details parts and components
- Ships, receives, and delivers components and other items
- Power washes parts and delivers to the shop floor
- Empties scrap metal containers
- Picks up and delivers parts for Technicians as needed
- Keeps property clean, mowed, and well landscaped
- Runs power sweeper through shop
- Cleans and preps new and used machinery for delivery
- Removes snow and grades parking lot as needed
- Performs general housekeeping duties as assigned
- Maintains equipment such as forklifts, hot tanks, power washer, and paint equipment
- Loads and unloads equipment as required by work assignments
- Maintains good organization in the yard by keeping a regular up and down line pattern
- Applies 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Sweep, Standardize, and Sustain) principles in the yard
- Meets the needs and requests of the customer in a professional and courteous manner
- Acts as an ambassador for our company; promotes additional sales by learning what other pieces of equipment or services our company can provide to our customers
- Engages in required safety practices at all times
- Reads and understands the manufactures Operation and Maintenance Manual per machine type and complies with its contents
- Instructs customers to safely operate equipment in accordance with manufactures instructions, and shows the location of the Manufactures Operation Manual (if so equipped) for their future reference
- Knows proper tie-down techniques and procedures to ensure equipment is correctly secured for transport in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Inspects machines returned from rental for customer damage and notifies the Shop Coordinator regarding any specific damage found
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Small and/or enclosed spaces
- Specific Risks: Works with moving, mechanical parts; may work in high places and be exposed to equipment vibration and fumes
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 60 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- 1-3 years machine service/maintenance
- 1-3 years machine operating skills
- 1-3 years forklift operation
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $16.20 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience.
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.