The Warehouse Associate – Level 2 maintains the parts warehouse by receiving and storing parts, filling customer orders, and accurate shipment of items to both customers and other branch locations. This role requires 2 years of warehouse experience, proof of driver’s license, and acceptable driving record for occasional customer deliveries and vendor parts pick up.
• Performs daily bin and physical inventory counts.
• Pulls and packages parts to fill customer orders in a timely fashion.
• Delivers and provides pickup of parts, cylinders and components for service repairs when needed.
• Picks up of parts from outside vendors and deliver parts to customers as required.
• Receives shipments. Identifies parts from shipments. Places parts in proper bin location.
• Processes parts transfers and returns with attention to accuracy and parts condition. Follows exceptions with necessary communication/documentation.
• Bands and prepares packages and pallets for shipping.
• Performs daily safety inspections and maintain safety logs of mobile equipment.
• Fabricates hydraulic hose assemblies and repairs by sample and hose build specifications.
• Adhere to good housekeeping and Contamination Control Standards.
• Follows assigned work schedule with consistent attendance/punctuality.
• Adhere to all customer care standards.
• Actively care and advocate safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
• Ability to learn and use computer systems for time entry, personnel data, e-mail, and basic dealer system operational functions.
• Ability to work overtime and on call.
• Consistent attendance/punctuality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 6 months experience plus completion of assigned development plan at a Western States warehouse, or 1 year as a Western States combined warehouse and/or delivery driver, or 2 years non-CAT warehouse experience required.
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Proof of driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Able to lift up to 60 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”