JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the management and maintenance of the central warehouse that supports the efficient flow of parts inventory, sales inventory, maintenance and repair items for other divisions, and misc. supplies that support the business (safety items, shop supplies, bulk goods, prime products and attachments, etc.). This role will oversee the processing of customer orders, receiving and unloading purchased goods and parts inventory, receiving sales inventory, stocking or delivering items as needed, and processing returns to various vendors. This individual will be in charge of creating effective processes in the warehouse to support the needs of the branch and work collectively with other departments to address changes as required.
- Supervises employees. Performs annual performance review and determines compensation increases. Administers discipline; authority to hire and terminate employees.
- Schedules personnel to properly cover shifts. Approves and schedules overtime when needed.
- Oversees the receipting of all goods purchased for the branch in the appropriate business systems.
- Ensures parts inventories, maintenance and repair items, and sales items are delivered to their appropriate locations within the timelines that are defined for each area.
- Defines and manages to processes that comply with our Contamination Control Standards
- Processes customer orders and quotes for customers. Pulls customer’s parts orders. Prioritizes customer orders to be delivered in a timely manner. Addresses customer inquiries and issues regarding orders. Follows up with customers in a professional manner.
- Oversees and guides outbound and inbound flow of product.
- Manages the process of daily bin counts. Receives and reviews bin count report.
- Unloads stock truck, stocks inventory, verifies and receipts in quantity. Receives stock orders for other locations and sends to store.
- Receives transferred parts from stores, verifies quantities, receipts inventory, and stocks shelves. Receives report of parts that need transferred to stores. Pulls parts and prepares for shipping before pickup time.
- Receives inventory with discrepancy, processes shipping exception, adjusts inventory according to problem. Contacts Inventory Analyst with discrepancy. Notifies store of discrepancy and receives notification from stores of discrepancy; takes action accordingly.
- Checks inventory for damage. Notes damage on bill of lading and files shipping claim. Receipts damaged parts, relieves inventory of damaged product, notifies inventory to file damage claim and to replenish inventory. Handles Allied returns accordingly.
- Processes returns from customers and Service Department. Inspects returned product for damage and accuracy, inventories part. Addresses parts issues when they arise.
- Processes returned cores. Certifies part numbers with part number on box, with all appropriate pieces and verifies it is a Caterpillar Reman part. Writes up return slip for customer then delivers part and paperwork to Core Processor.
- Coordinates return documentation with inspected product, organizes product to meet shipping requirements and details.
- Trains and schedules training for personnel on forklift operation, receipting inventory, shipping inventory, hose building, bin counts, daily inventory, return procedures on vendor and Cat returns.
- Inspects warehouse for cleanliness and safety. Performs or designates employees to perform end of day closing tasks, ie. locking up, shutting lights off.
- Promotes and manages all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Promotes and manages safety at Western States. Ensures employees, vendors, and customers have a safe work environment. Adheres to and manages all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft office software, DBS parts procedures.
- Working knowledge of forklift operation.
- Ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
- Strong knowledge of outbound shipping procedures.
- Strong knowledge of hose production.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of three years of comparable parts or warehouse experience required.
- One year experience as a lead or supervisor preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Some exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes, high noise levels, and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.