Warehouse Technicians expedite the order process for parts orders for work orders and maintains an
efficient warehouse on site. Various levels of knowledge and abilities in the Essential Functions listed
below are required and will determine job placement. Specific knowledge needed is dependent upon
the individual departments within the company.
Job placement will be based on knowledge, skills, and abilities in accordance with the following
guidelines, including prior experience:
• Apprentice I: Basic understanding of warehouse maintenance procedures.
Experience: One year of previous experience working with inventory and/or in a warehouse or
• Apprentice II: Good working knowledge of parts distribution and warehouse operations.
Experience: Two years of previous experience working with and/or in a warehouse or distribution
• Shop: Understand the operation, troubleshooting, and repair of various Caterpillar mechanical
systems. Experience: Minimum four years of previous experience working with and/or in a
warehouse distribution environment.
• Master: Complete understanding of parts distribution and warehouse operations. Experience:
Minimum ten years of previous experience working with and/or in a warehouse or distribution
The level of knowledge and performance expectations for all functions and skills will be outlined in
detail in the Wyoming Machinery Company Employee Development Program.
• Fill and process parts orders.
• Fill backorders.
• Put stock orders in bins.
• Complete inventory counts.
• Build low, medium and high-pressure hose assemblies.
• Fill batteries with electrolyte and charge.
• Clean warehouse.
• Assist with yard work.
• Able to work rotating shifts.
• Adhere to all of Wyoming Machinery Company Policies for conduct and appearance.
• Provide service to customers at will-call desk and over the phone.
• Use pallet jack and/or forklift to move pallets and containers; loads and unloads shipments
• Work in a safe manner, adhering to all safety rules.
• Sweep warehouse floor daily.
• Clean docks, shipping, and storage pad as needed.
• Check off part numbers and quantities from the packing list for inventory stocking.
• Part numbers and locations are verified off the Caterpillar pick tags before parts are binned.
• Participate in Safety Meetings.
• Able to communicate and interact with customers in a pleasant manner.
• May be required to pick up and/or deliver parts in a company vehicle.
• Able to read, write and understand English.
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Good working knowledge of parts distribution and basic warehouse operations.
• Experience with Caterpillar.
• CDL or ability to obtain CDL preferred (Casper location)
• Walk and/or stand 6-8 hours.
• 50 lb. weight lifting restriction.
• Use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing & pulling, and fine manipulation.
• Use feet frequently in a repetitive movement.
• Frequently bend, squat and climb.
• Warehouse and outdoor environments, moderate to loud noise levels.
• Some exposure to all outdoor weather conditions
• Some exposure to substances and chemicals, including, but not limited to grease, oil and dirt.
• Overtime and varying schedules may be required.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”