Welding is an art and a science. We all know there is a shortage of skilled technicians in the United States? We are seeking the best and brightest welders to meet the high demands of our customers. Thompson Tractor Company is proud to represent Caterpillar, the world's #1 brand of construction, power generation, and material handling equipment. If you have what it takes to meet the high standards of a Caterpillar Machinist apply online today to join our team.
Welders in this position will perform welding, fabricating and machining repairs on the full line of Caterpillar products and competitor equipment. The applicant should demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in a safe and efficient manner. The applicant will advance in Classification as attitude, skill level, and job performance allows in the welding department within TTCO.
Essential Job Functions
• Basic safe machine operation & inspection
• Ability to perform welding operations utilizing Stick, MIG, TIG and portable line boring.
• Ability to perform metal cutting utilizing Flame Torch, Plasma and Carbon Arc.
• Performs shop, yard, and job site clean-up as required
• Operates wash rack equipment and properly cleans components as required
• Creates comprehensive, timely, and accurate service reports.
• Keeps accurate records of all work
High School or Equivalent
Fork Lift Certification
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”