Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Branch Manager in our Wagner Rents location in Carlsbad, NM.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the assigned branch in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” This position is expected to advise and make recommendations to the Regional Operations Manager with respect to the best interests of the company. Duties include all areas of running an independent business: personnel management, budget establishment and compliance, policy enforcement, and operations effectiveness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Create and maintain reports requested by the Regional Operations or Operations Manager
- Plan and monitor annual budget; make note of any special circumstances that may create a budget variance
- Ensure all departments are maintaining their responsibilities (Rental Counter, Service Department, Sale and Rental Department, etc)
- Submit payroll information on a timely basis to ensure employees are paid as scheduled
- Closely supervise store purchases and process A/P documents to ensure timely payment to vendors
- Establishes processes with store employees that support safe and profitable operations
- Develop and coordinate effective work schedules for all areas of the branch to allow for the efficient operations of the branch and to accommodate emergency requests
- Create, review and maintain immediate and long term plans for proper resource utilization (facility, tooling and equipment)
- Develop a climate of “Safety First” by modeling and enforcing all safety procedures
- Set the model of professionalism by establishing good housekeeping procedures and paying attention to personal appearance
- Build strong relationships with field and office personnel, as well as with outside customers and vendors
- Set the model of integrity by following through with commitments, being concerned for the welfare of your employees and establishing a high level of trust with customers, vendors and employees
- Establish regular meetings with key personnel, such as Shop Coordinator, Rental Reps, etc. Also establish regular meeting times with entire branch to provide status reports and to keep the lines of communication open
- Be available as a coach and a mentor to your employees to help build a strong team
- Learn and thoroughly understand the products and services provided by Wagner Rents
- Communicate product and service information with customers in an effort to promote sales
- Review and ensure that warranty issues in the best interest of the company
- Increase your product knowledge so you can serve as a valuable resource to everyone in your branch
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Advanced leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Internet
- Intermediate knowledge of Lotus Notes
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Advanced knowledge of Wynne
- Consult with Regional Operations Manager to reach agreement on annual departmental objectives, budgetary guidelines, customer service levels and relevant personnel activities
- Hire, train and direct an effective workforce that promotes high productivity while building a team that supports our company’s Statement of Purpose and Principles in Practice
- Conducts performance reviews and makes salary adjustment recommendations
- Ensure employees are using company P-card responsibly
- Ensure tools and supplies are being procured and used in the most effective manner
- Review business reports and respond accordingly (Open PO’s / Open Workorders / etc)
- Attend training regularly – this sends a strong message to your staff that learning is a continual process and everyone needs to work on their personal and professional development
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, etc.
- Medium work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 32 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or other relevant degree preferred
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
- 3-5 years technical or mechanical experience (machine service/maintenance)
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $68,387.00 - $93,717.00 Annually
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.